An accessible van can change the life of any disabled person. It allows that person to get from place to place and even to have the ability to control his or her life. Imagine being unable to go to the store when you want to. Imagine having to rely on someone else to take you to the doctor’s appointment you need to be at. It can be frustrating. However, with the help of a van, you can gain back a lot of that control. If you are a caregiver, the use of this type of van can change your life, too. Kersey Mobility has both options for you to choose from.
Benefits of Renting
For those considering an accessible van, consider the benefits of renting one. Many dealerships allow you to buy or rent these vehicles.
- Rent when you only need to use the vehicle locally for a limited amount of time.
- Renting makes the most sense when the individual is likely to overcome his or her physical limitations. You may not need to have a van long term.
- For longer distances, if you plan to travel just once or twice, renting does make sense. It can be less expensive than buying outright.
Renting is less expensive for those who do not plan to use the accessible van frequently. It can be somewhat limiting in that you can only rent the features and tools available to you from the dealership.
Benefits of Buying
On the other hand, buying an accessible van can also be very effective. It is the best way to provide continuous service to those who are disabled.
- If you are permanently disabled, or will be for the long term, buying will be less expensive.
- For those that plan to use the vehicle frequently, even for long distances, buying makes sense.
- You will pay less for these over the long term if you need regular service from them.
Take the time to consider all of the options in the vehicles available to you. The right van is out there, even just for rental needs. However, buying your own vehicle also is a good way to save money for those who need continuous, long term service. Consider your current circumstances. Will buying offer the best benefit to you over the long term. If so, you will find numerous makes and models on the market that are both affordable and customizable to your specific needs. Stop by one of their stores in Washington State, and one of their experienced staffers will be happy to help you make this tough decision. Whatever you decide, the staff at Kersey Mobility will be there every step of the way, so you know you’ll get exactly what you need.